- Resiliency Planning letter to Oregon Transportation CommissionThe Oregon Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), representing over 2000 public and private sector civil engineers, encourages the Oregon Transportation Commission to boldly act on Department recommendations for implementing seismic resiliency plans. Click here to read the letter submitted to the Oregon Transportation Commission regarding the State of Oregon’s resiliency planning.
- Precision Structural Engineering seeks Civil/Structural Engineer“Civil/Structural Engineer” Precision Structural Engineering, Inc. is looking for self-motivated, Civil/Structural Engineer with minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial buildings analysis, design using STAAD Pro software and B.S. in Civil Engineering is required. Will be reviewing the design of the Dream Mall, four huge building supported on piles. An excellent opportunity for those who (...read more)
- 2015 SPAG Program Guidelines posted!2015 State Public Affairs Grants (SPAG) Program Guidelines posted! Submission Deadline: Nov 3, 2014 Fellow ASCE Oregon Section members: Do you have a government relations and/or media project that you’d like to promote, but just need a little funding boost? Consider applying for a small or large SPAG! Funding opportunities are available up to $5000 to (...read more)
- No upcoming board meetings are scheduled.
- OSU Geotechnical Lecture Series – Energy Geotechnology: Enabling New Insights into Soil Behavior, October 30th and 31st The OSU Geotechnical Group is hosting Dr. Carlos Santamarina, from the Georgia Institute of Technology, who will present the 2014 Terzaghi Lecture. Geotechnical engineering has a central role to play in the evolving energy challenge, from resource recovery and infrastructure development, (...read more)
- Wed, November 5, 2014 6:00pm - 9:00pm at Crowne Plaza HotelThe Geotechnical dinner meeting will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Lake Oswego on Wednesday, November 5th from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Matthew Fowler, P.E. will be presenting the geotechnical and tunneling aspects of enlarging the existing I-70 Twin Tunnels by drill and blast methods. Matt has devoted three decades of engineering and field experience to all aspects of the (...read more)
- Tue, November 18, 2014 6:00pm - 9:00pm at Kell’s Irish PubKell’s Irish Pub – 112 SW Second Ave, 97204 6pm – social 7pm – buffet dinner 8pm – Announcements/Program Members/Non-members: $35 Government Employees: $30 Students: $15 Click here to register Building Panama Canal (Construction of canal and appurtenant structures) Raymond “Paul” Giroux, M.ASCE Abstract: During the early 20th century strategic control of the oceans was (...read more)
- Thu, December 11, 2014 6:00pm - 9:00pm at The Lotus CafeCome celebrate the Holidays with the OR Section and Younger Member Forum. This will be a charity event. More details to come! Date/Time: Thursday December 11th 6:00 pm– 9:00 pm Location: Card Room at the Lotus Café 932 SW 3rd Ave, Portland, OR 97204 http://www.lotuscardroomandcafe.com/lotus Phone: (503) 227-6185
- See All Events