- Pavement Services seeking Staff EngineerPavement Services, Inc. (PSI) specializes exclusively in engineering, testing and investigation services related to pavements. Based in Portland, Oregon, PSI is a pavement engineering specialty firm providing services to public and private sector clients throughout the United States. Our team of highly qualified professionals brings decades of experience to our clients’ projects. Our engineers are (...read more)
- Design Alaska seeking Civil EngineerCivil Engineer, PE Design Alaska, a full service architecture, engineering, surveying firm, located in Fairbanks, Alaska, is looking for a Civil engineer to join our team. Engineering duties typically include site investigations, site design, traffic planning and design, utility system design, coordination with permitting agencies, and the preparation of construction documents using Civil 3D. Attributes (...read more)
- Nominations Sought For the 2013-2014 Annual AwardsEach year the Oregon Section of ASCE recognizes its outstanding members through Section awards. Nominees are identified by their peers and a nominating committee consisting of the President, Past-President and President-Elect select the award winners. The award winners are recognized at the annual meeting. Awards are given for the following: Engineer of the Year – (...read more)
- URM-Free by 2033: Toward a National Safe Schools AgendaTwo Portland residents, Edward C. Wolf and Yumei Wang, P.E, authored URM Free by 2033 (pdf, 1.7MB) on seismic resilience and school safety. It was published this summer by the ASCE in a seismic hazard design issues monograph. The publication shows Oregon to be a leader in policy and practice, with our progress during the last ten (...read more)
- Start an SEI Chapter today!Our ASCE Section has more than 200 Structural Engineering Institute (SEI) members. To ensure that members in your area are adequately served by SEI, we invite you to form an SEI Chapter by following a few simple steps and submitting an MOU. The SEI Local Activities Division (LAD) works with local SEI Chapters and Structural (...read more)
- Website ImprovementsStayed tuned for updates to the ASCEOR website! We are making efforts to bring more relevant, up-to-date content to this site. Expect to see significant changes by the end of the summer. Until then, you may find some bugs, broken links, etc. Please direct comments, suggestions, or questions to email@example.com Furthermore, to the leaders of (...read more)
- No upcoming board meetings are scheduled.
- Smith-Root is the world’s leader in fish guidance and deterrence technology with over fifty electric fish barriers installed in North America and Europe over the last thirty years. Come discover the electrical barrier system that was installed in Eagle Creek and learn about this innovative technology! What: A tour and presentation of Eagle Creek Hatchery’s (...read more)
- Wed, September 10, 2014 6:00pm - 9:00pm at Crowne Plaza HotelDATE: Wednesday, September 10th, 2014 PLACE: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 14811 Kruse Oaks Dr., Lake Oswego, OR, 503-624-8400 TIME: 6:00 p.m. Social Hour, 7:00 p.m. Dinner, 8:00 p.m. Program COST: $35 cash or checks only please. Checks made out to ASCE SPEAKER: Kenneth L. Faught, Consultant specializing in Geotechnical Grouting, Drilled Shaft Foundation Testing, and CSL (...read more)
- Thu, September 11, 2014 6:00pm - 9:00pm at Kell’s Irish PubASCE OR Annual Meeting. We will introduce this year’s officers, hear from the groups and branches, and the new section President about the upcoming year.
- Thu, April 23 - 25, 2015 at Oregon Convention Center
- See All Events