This is a full-time position to provide project management and civil engineering assistance to the Civil Engineering Practice Area. The Senior Civil Engineer will work on commercial and industrial projects out of our Redmond office as well as collaborate with other teams throughout the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates a team of engineering technicians and lower-level civil engineers during the execution of a work plan for a variety of engineering projects.
- Prepare fee proposals/goal proposals for new projects.
- Provide overall project management. Assist with managing department projects.
- Delegate project assignments to engineers and technicians.
- Manage budgets and schedules.
- Perform engineering calculations in support of civil engineering design projects.
- Manage all engineering aspects of new land development projects.
- Coordinate AutoCAD drafting requirements in support of civil engineering design projects.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Prepare and route project related correspondence and record keeping.
- Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of the work.
- Write and edit construction specifications and engineering reports.
- Tabulate bid items and calculate construction bid quantities from plans and specifications. Estimate construction costs.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities Supervises a team of Civil Engineers (from intern to level IV) in the Civil Practice Area.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Minimum Baccalaureate degree from an ABET-accredited civil engineering program or the requisite years of progressive engineering experience and educational study, as prescribed by the local jurisdiction, to be eligible to take the Principles and Practice of Engineering exam and at least 10 years prior experience in construction or civil engineering field is required. At least 3 years of experience with land development projects is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Licensure as a Professional Engineer Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, and the public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables. Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Project software. AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge and experience is highly desirable. Ability to prioritize special projects and daily workload to ensure that all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical analysis, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company/Location of Job: DOWL/Redmond, OR