Oregon Department of Transportation, Portland, OR
Job Posting: http://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon/jobs/2052218/area-manager-odot18-1808o
Salary: $76,224 - $131,544
We are recruiting for an Area Manager (AM) in Portland, Oregon.
The AM is a key leader in the development and management of transportation projects, from concept through construction.
As an Area Manager you will:
- Work on engaging, technically interesting and innovative transportation projects.
- Create tangible benefits for Oregon and our communities.
- Be part of an agency that is a national transportation leader.
- Help deliver Oregon's new "Keep Oregon Moving" (HB 2017) transportation investments.
- Lead a highly skilled, professional team.
- See your work make a difference.
ODOT Region 1 is a remarkable technical team of creative, diverse individuals who are passionate about providing safe, efficient and multimodal transportation systems to the Portland metro area.
Our project delivery team is growing to meet the demands of the new HB 2017 transportation investments and we are excited to add more qualified, energetic technical professionals. For more information about HB 2017 projects see the following link: http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Pages/HB2017.aspx
In this position you will work on projects across the metro area including the following HB 2017 projects:
- Interstate 5 Rose Quarter Project Rose Quarter project website: http://i5rosequarter.org/
- OR217 Auxiliary Lanes Project Oregon Legislature – project description, background info, corridor context: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/CommitteeMeetingDocument/100589
The AM is a leader in the development and delivery of transportation projects in Region 1, which includes:
- Providing oversight and direction for transportation-related projects, from initial funding to completed construction.
- Supervising and mentoring construction project managers, project leaders, and consultant project managers who themselves supervise or lead teams of technical and engineering staff.
- Ensuring communication and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders throughout the selection, development, and construction of projects in the Portland metro area.
As the person with overall accountability for keeping projects on track and moving forward, the AM ensures that issues are worked quickly and completely to resolution and that the appropriate technical resources are involved in the process.
The AM is a team builder and a decision-maker.