Brown and Caldwell is currently seeking a Pipeline and Utility Infrastructure Leader with an interest in and familiarity with water and wastewater conveyance and wet weather planning.
The ideal candidate will use their consulting expertise to set the strategic direction for the Infrastructure Practice, manage and execute projects, help promote successful client relationships, and pursue business development opportunities.
This position will also oversee and manage the Infrastructure Practice in BC’s Portland, Ore., office.
- You will work closely with senior technical experts and other leaders in the Oregon Operations Group as well as the Northwest Infrastructure Leader.
- Provide leadership of Infrastructure Practice, setting strategy and hiring needs to support company, Northwest and local business goals.
- Coordinate with other team members in the Oregon operations on strategic goals and initiatives and manage workload planning and staffing for the local infrastructure group.
- Provide leadership in obtaining/developing new key clients each year, in conjunction with planned targets and with the assistance of other senior staff in the office and region.
- Manage and execute work on wastewater and water utilities including comprehensive planning, infrastructure conveyance, and design projects.
- Lead project teams in planning and/or designing major engineering projects, and coordinate special planning, economic, and engineering studies.
- Provide consultation in specialized areas including wastewater/water conveyance, master planning, wet weather, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings.
- Direct the work of drafters and designers, and coordinate with other disciplines.
- Supervise, delegate, and oversee the work of subordinate technical staff and engineers.
- Assist with and lead business development pursuits.