Approximately 100 turned out for the latest ASCE sponsored UNPREPARED event; showing the OPB/Oregon Field Guide documentary and expert panel Q&A in Newport at the Hatfield Marine Center.
Lincoln County Emergency Management staff and volunteers displayed a variety of emergency preparedness materials and information, including the latest inundation maps.
After the documentary showing our expert panel fielded questions for over an hour and then we held our usual raffle prize drawing of “prepper” gear.
- Allison Pyrch, ASCE OR President, Geotechnical Engineer, Hart Crowser
- Chris Goldfinger, Marine Geologist, OSU
- Jenny Demaris, Lincoln County Emergency Manager
- Cinamon Moffet, Research Facilities Coordinator, Interim Emergency Manager
- Roy Kinion, Lincoln County Public Works Director
- Stephanie Reid, City Engineer for Lincoln City
The event was emceed by Mark Libby, ASCE OR Past President, HDR Engineering, and with volunteer support from Larry Magura, ASCE Region 8 Governor, and wife Bonnie.